In the days when I ate wheat flour and sugar I baked and ate The Best Brownies Ever. I coated them in chocolate cream frosting. Delicious!
I have missed those brownies, until now. I recently made brownies that are so good that I don’t wish for the old days.
I call them Hot Chocolate Brownies because I use cayenne pepper and cinnamon. I really enjoy the flavor combination of chocolate, cinnamon and cayenne. The flavor reminds me of the warmth of hot chocolate.
I used 2 small mixing bowls. One bowl for mixing the dry ingredients. The other bowl for mixing wet ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple flavored liquid sweetener
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons brown granulated sweetener
- 5 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons oat fiber
- 2 tablespoons beef gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- Options: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, 1/2 cup nuts.
I placed the wet ingredients into an 8×8 inch silicone pan and mixed the dry ingredients in gradually until a tight dough formed.
I flattened the dough evenly in the pan and microwaved the brownie for 4 minutes.
The brownie tasted best after it cooled down to room temperature.
Thanks for reading!